headspace Canberra is part of the National Youth Mental Health Foundation. We help young people who are going through a tough time.
At headspace Canberra we provide support for young people experiencing mental health concerns, and substance use issues, along with assistance in promoting wellbeing.
Feeling down, tense, angry or anxious are all normal emotions, but when these feelings persist for long periods of time they may be part of a mental health problem. Mental health problems can influence how you think and your ability to function in your everyday activities, whether at school, at work, in social situations or in relationships.
If you are experiencing a mental health problem, one of the best things you can do is talk to someone. It can be helpful to talk with a professional, someone outside of your friends and family, for support.
Looking for someone to talk to? If you’re 12-25, you can get health advice, support and information from headspace. With centres all around Australia, headspace can help you with:
• General health
• Mental health and counselling
• Education, employment and other services
• Alcohol and other drug services
So we’re here for you if you:
• Are feeling down, stressed or can’t stop worrying
• Haven’t felt like yourself for a long time
• Can’t deal with school or finding it difficult to concentrate
• Are feeling sick or worried about your health
• Want to cut down on your drinking or drug use
• Want to talk about sexuality, identity or relationships
• Are having difficulties with friendships
• Have sexual health issues or want to find out about contraception
• Are being bullied, hurt or harassed
• Are worried about work or study or if you’re having money trouble
headspace is a place you can go to talk to someone about any of these issues
headspace was established and funded by the Commonwealth Government of Australia in 2006
Our primary focus is the mental health and wellbeing of all Australians. We know that getting help early is the key to resolving these problems quickly. headspace is making a difference where it is needed most – our young people
We want to ensure CNCT is functioning and working best it can. If you have any feedback or notice anything not working let us know below.